BEGINNING PRINCIPALS ACADEMY, Atlanta and Macon—2013-2014
The role of school principals today requires leaders who are instructional and curricular leaders as well as leaders who can juggle the many other demands of their position. The Principals Center has been working with beginning principals every year since it began in 1984. The Center offers its Beginning Principals Academy for the 2013-2014 school year.
The purpose of the Beginning Principals Academy is to help new principals build their capacity to enhance student learning and create success for their schools and for themselves. The Beginning Principals Academy will help participants identify their areas of focus, establish priorities, and develop their plans while incorporating Georgia Leader Keys, Common Core and PARCC Assessments.
Through a research-based curriculum, participants will focus on using multiple approaches to solving leadership challenges, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom, and leading and managing their schools more effectively.
Objectives for the Academy include:
· Create a school culture that fosters student and teacher learning
· Understand and monitor curriculum alignment and development
· Apply research and best practices in developing school improvement efforts focused on increasing student and teacher learning
· Lead and manage needed and effective change
· Develop a culture of collaborative working relationships with faculty, parents, students, and members of the community
· Support teachers through effective supervision and evaluation
· Manage the operations of the school effectively and efficiently in order to create a positive learning environment
· Understand and manage conflict
· Understand the importance of and how to handle effective communications strategies with all constituents
· Study other issues and topics of importance and/or urgent need for participant principals
$1,000 per participant PC Members Atlanta $1 200 per participant Macon
$1,200 per participant Non-Members $1,400 per participant Macon
* The comprehensive program fee covers tuition for all seminar sessions, all instructional materials, and lunch and refreshments on seminar days.
CALENDAR — FACE-TO-FACE at Georgia State University, College of Education OR Macon location TBA
1. August 29, 2013 (Atlanta & Macon)
2. September 26, 2013 (Atlanta & Macon)
3. October 24, 2013 (Atlanta & Macon)
4. November 21, 2013 (Atlanta) & Dec. 2 (Macon)
5. January 23, 2014 (Atlanta) & Jan. 30 (Macon)
6. February 27, 2014 (Atlanta & Macon)
7. March 27, 2014 (Atlanta & Macon)
8. April 24, 2014 (Atlanta & Macon)
* All seminar sessions are from 8:30 a.m.—3:00 p.m. The dates may be modified by the cohort participants.
REGISTRATION For more information, contact us at 404.413.8256 or at email@example.com or go to www.principalscenter.org